Bbagzz – taking the ‘LUG’ out of luggage pilferage
As another hard year comes to an end, many South Africans will be packing their holiday suitcases for a well-deserved few weeks away relaxing at a seaside resort or jetting off to an exotic overseas location to see the New Year in.
And while you may have remembered to pack that new string bikini, wide brimmed sun hat, snorkel set and touch rugby ball you may not have thought of the inconvenience caused should your luggage be pilfered or stolen all together while making your way to your holiday destination.
Enter Bbagzz, a cost effective solution to baggage pilferage and tampering that encases your and insures your luggage before you jet off.
Bbagzz, has put together a few luggage safety tips for all travellers who find themselves flying this summer, ensuring that the holiday is stress free and your luggage arrives safe and sound:
• Lay out the items you intend on packing for your holiday/trip and take dated photos of the items. These will come in handy later if you need to make an itemised list of your bags contents. Snap a few photos of your bag from different angles too.
• Never put valuables including; laptops, iPads, jewellery or important documents in your suitcase.
• Do not check your suitcase into the airport too early as it just sits around (in the high pilferage area) which allows more time for the suitcase to be pilfered.
• Ensure that your suitcase has the correct city destination on the airport issued luggage tag that gets placed on your suitcase handle at the check in counter.
• Always board the aeroplane as soon as the boarding starts, this will ensure that there is space for your hand luggage in the overhead storage, any excess hand luggage is placed into the aeroplanes front hold.
• On arrival at your holiday destination closely inspect your suitcase for any damage to the suitcase and to establish if anyone could have gone through your suitcase which includes having had possible contraband placed into your case.
• Hard plastic shell type suitcases are preferable when travelling and combining this with a ‘anti pilferage’ product the combination of these two products reduces the likelihood of it happening to you.
• Suitcases with zips, locks, and cable ties are much easier to break into than hard shell ones.
• Most importantly, don’t forget to pack your Bbagzz self-wrap bags in your handbag to slip your luggage into when you get to check in! SMS the number on the bag and you are instantly insured.
• Whether you are travelling locally or abroad, Bbaggz is lightweight enough to take one with you to use anywhere with the added convenience that the luggage insurance is instantly activated and confirmed via SMS!
For more information visit Bbagzz at www.bbagzz.com or contact Bbagzz on 011 465 0095